“What YOU can expect from US”
This Client Charter details the association between Spectrum, Spectrum advisers and their clients. The term “Spectrum” refers to those companies and advisers that form part of The Spectrum IFA Group.
- Spectrum is independent; we are not tied to any Financial Institution.
- Spectrum doesn’t charge you a fee. We are remunerated with commissions paid by financial institutions. Only in the event that we have taken on the servicing of an existing contract, sold by another advisory firm, will we consider charging a service fee which will be negotiated and agreed in advance with our client.
- Spectrum carries out a full “know your client” financial fact-find in order to determine and understand your current financial circumstances in addition to your future plans, needs and objectives. This includes full “due diligence” in line with global anti- money-laundering rules as well as questions relating to your attitude to risk.
- Spectrum doesn’t handle your money. All financial dealings are conducted directly between you and the financial institution concerned.
- Prior to completion of relevant application forms, Spectrum will explain to you the type of product recommended and will supply you with the product brochure (and any technical guide) from the relevant financial institution for you to read and retain for future reference. Spectrum will take time to explain the product’s charge structure and any possible cancellation penalties that you may incur.
- Spectrum will explain to you (if relevant to the product) that unit values can go down as well as up and that past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.
- Some investment funds or products within an Insurance policy may generate an additional initial commission. If this is the case, we undertake to rebate this commission to you (in full) by way of increased allocation. In the event that a selected fund has an exit penalty, we will highlight these penalties to you in writing.
- Spectrum would like to build a long term business relationship with you and we are committed to seeing you face to face on a regular basis as part of our service.